RE: 164 trunk springs

Karl says:

Why, oh why, would the trunk springs be different on the "S" and "Q"
than the "L" and "LS"??

.
.
.

Am I applying rationality where I shouldn't?
Any facts or speculation to share?
-----

Probably :-| I don't know why there were changes, but unfortunately for
those of us who need to change, it's apparently not easy. On the one
hand, we're luck to have S/Q models, but on the other hand, even if
wanted to swap the trunk to a non-spoiler model, we're still stuck with
broken hinges.

It's interesting to note that I've never had problems locating parts for
any of my Alfas except the 164Q. I guess the number are catching up -
relatively few in the US. Bummer.

-Glenn