Re: Peugeot 505 bashing

I can't believe anyone would consider bashing the 505 turbo. Yes the 1985
model was prone to boost lag, but what a gorgeous ride that car had. I
remember falling asleep in the back seat of that car many times as a
passenger. It also had really sweet power steering with plenty of feel. The 5
speed where a little gutless in town, but on the open road the passing power
of the 505 turbo was quite formidable.

The later 1986 got an intercooler and was only rated at around 150 bhp but
nearly the same torque at 2750 as a 3.0 Alfa V6 makes at 4400.

The 1986 505 turbo had a more conventional interior designed by BMW stylist
Paul Braq. The pre 1986 interior was a little too "Gallic." Michael must have
driven an 1986 because they never had an automatic before this.

Later 180 bhp are really quite rare. I've seen less than 5 1989 turbos that
had the revised styling and Torsen limited slip.

Sorry for the non Alfa content, but the 505 turbo comments hit a sore spot
with me.

And wasn't the 405 Mi 16 a delicious little car?

Louis Franklin

San Jose, CA

91 164 QV 12V (117K)
92 164 L A  (97K, the last of my collection not hitting 100K)
87 Milano Verde (153K)
71 Berlina 1750 (151K)