early 116 part numbers

In looking through my 2000 Berlina parts manual from 1971, there are a fair
number of mechanical parts like the ring gear, rod bolts and nuts, and the
like, that already had 116.xxx (Alfetta) part numbers at that 105/115
production era.  I recall that Alfettas were introduced in Europe years
earlier than in the US (1972?), but I'm wondering (1) what year Alfa started
designing the Alfetta chassis, and (2) if that coincides with the design of
the 2000 engine.  In particular, I wonder if the change in the 2000 flywheel
attachment (6 big bolts threading into the crankshaft instead of 8 smaller
bolts threading into a ring collar) was looking forward to the coming
Alfetta system with a driveshaft attached to the crankshaft, with the
flywheel at the back?  Just a thought...

Andrew Watry
Berlina Register