Spider rocker panels

	The tin worm has finally surfaced on the lower extremities on my '86
Spider.  Looks like I need to replace the rocker panels, lower rear
valance, rear quarter panel, and rear sections of the front fender on
all sides.  Luckily, I can get replacement panels for all these items.
My local Alfa body shop (the same guys who are doing the GTV which I'm
picking up this weekend) gave me an initial estimate of $1k per side as
a minimum - who knows what they might find when the outer rocker panel
is removed.

	Being cheap, I'd like to try to do the body work myself and then give
the car to them to get it painted.  Are there any write ups on how to go
about removing the old panels, fitment of the new panel, things not to
do as well as what to do, etc.  Or is this one of those things that you
just whip out your cut-off blade and have at it?  Or is an experience
hand needed to restrain the ramblings of the cut-off blade?

	I've read the i Saluti Rocker panel article
(http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/3837/rockerpanel.html) which
has some nice tips about welding panels.

	Bruce

	'86 Spider a bit rusty but aging well
	'73 GTV soon to return to the fold