RE: Spica air filter housing

--- Ian Lomax <sfalfisto@domain.elided> wrote:
> i've never understood those either, i'm thinking
> those are drain holes. i'm
> pretty sure my 1750 box has them as well.
>
> any digestables know differently?

On both my 2000s, both with complete and original
Spica systems, the lower hose goes to the vapor
separator canister, which in turn connects to the
breather aperture on the cam cover, over the intake
cam.  The line to the air cleaner provides low
pressure to the vapor separator, which in turn draws
combustion blowby gases out of the crankcase.  Vapors
are returned to the intake via that lower hose, after
undergoing some separation, presumably (I haven't
looked inside the vapor separator to see how it
works).

--Scott Fisher
  Tualatin, Oregon
.