re: de tomaso mangusta's, qvale's, mg's...

hi all,

regarding the qvale mangusta, thanks to god, alejandro & kvell got into a pissing battle, & mr de tomaso insisted the mangusta name be removed from the car, thus its being rebadged a qvale.  what an ugly pig, and what a disgrace to associate it w/the 1st mangusta - a treat for the eyes, imo...  yes, it will now be marketed as an mg, perhaps (hopefully?), w/significant styling changes.

regards,

doug s.

====================
   Subject: De Thomaso

   >>Apparently it's a Mustang V8 at heart with Mustang switchgear (ick),
   console, and other stock Ford bits too.   They are now made by Qvale in
   Modena, as Mr. DeTomaso didn't have the lire(it's debut was in 1996) to
   meet production requirements and the factory was purchased by the US
   importer (Qvale.)<<

   Think the ones produced after Qvale took over are badged as Qvale. The
   factory and car are mow owned by MG Rover

   All the best

   Keith
++++++++
   Subject: Nifty Italian Car sightings in Pittsburgh

   The nice weather seems to bring them out of hiding.

   I was happy to see a very nice, very red Giulietta Spider just as it was
   going into the Sq Hill tunnel.   I was driving a ratty looking gray
   Milano Verde in the other direction.

   The really interesting car I saw though, was a 2001 DeTomaso Mangusta.
      At first I had no idea what it was, but knew it was Italian.   I was
   really surpised when I saw the Mangusta badge on it.   I had no idea
   that DeTomaso was producing cars again, and recycling names to boot.

   http://www.autoimage8.iwarp.com/deto001.htm