Alfas and the New Maserati Spyder

I was driving home on 101 South today with my wife when I noticed a Ferrari
456M in my mirror. We slowed to let it in front of us, just to listen to the
sound. I live right near the Ferrari of SF dealership, and figured the car
was heading there. I wanted to see the new Maserati Spyder up close, so we
followed the 456M into the dealership. They had four new Maser Spyders on
the lot (three of which were sold). I was able to check out silver with dark
red leather Spyder, which was the demo. What a machine. Smelled, felt and
sounded just right. The fit, finish and apparent quality are inspiring. If
Alfa can be the next rung down (the Brera show car would slot cleanly below
the Maserati), we are truly in for a treat. I hope Fiat has the same clear
vision for Alfa when they return to the US. If you havent seen the Spyder
in the flesh, find one and take a few minutes to think about what might be
coming for Alfa. Its worth the effort, I assure you.

Rich Lasner
1992 164S
ARA
AROC