Re: rollbar pad (for street)

Hi Tim:

I had one of IAP's pads on the Autopower street rollbar that I sold.  It's
black (not really a pure black, as it had a bit of a brownish/grey tint)
vinyl, and the foam/cloth inside padding is quite thin, almost like door
panel padding thin.  You wouldn't want to hit your bare head (or maybe even
your helmeted head) on it without getting a CAT-scan soon afterwards.  The
areas of the pad that covered the curves on the rollbar hoop had snaps,
with the straight areas held together by Velcro.  The pad extended about
halfway down the uprights of the hoop.  The curved sections also had radial
loops of stitches, while the straight areas were smooth.  Some problem with
top clearance, as even though the padding was so thin, the surface of the
pad on the uprights would likely get ripped by scraping the top frame as
the top is being put up and down.

Check out Jeg's, Summitt Racing, Baker Precision, Racer Parts Wholesale,
etc. for the black foam padding that is self-adhesive.  I've seen some
types where the thickness of the padding is asymmetric, so the padding is
thicker on the side of the hoop closest to your head.

Regards,

Dean W. Cains
Lutz, FL
'74 Spider Veloce