How to hook up a Milano alternator

I have always been a 4 cylinder kind of guy.  However, I am building
up a '66 Giulia Sprint GT, and my Alfa buddies have talked me into
1) replacing the generator with an alternator, and 2) as long as I'm
modifying the charging system, going with a 65A Milano/GTV6
alternator, rather than the 35 (?) amp unit that came on the 4
cylinder Alfas from the 1970's.  Also, the Milano/GTV6 unit has
an internal regulator, resulting in less wiring/stuff underhood.

OK, so what are the connections on the thing?  What I bought
through EBay (from someone locally, by the way) is a Bosch
0 120 489 715 * 716.  K1 - 14v 65A -21.  It basicly has three
connectors on the back:
  A big 6mm stud marked "B+"  that seems as if it ought to
be connected to the battery "+" terminal, yes?
  A spade connector marked "D+".  Hmm, that one is a
mystery.  Maybe to the "idiot" light?  And if so, I presume that
the other end of the idiot light goes to the ignition switch.
  A spade connector marked "+" that is connected to a
capacitor mounted there at the back of the unit.  I assume
this is for electrical noise surpression.

So, am I on the right track?  Any other words of wisdom regarding
adapting these high amperage, internally-regulated alternators
to early cars?  I am planning to re-wire the whole car, replace the
pointy-ended fuses with modern ones, install headlight relays,
etc.

Jay Mackro
San Juan Capistrano, Calif.
Plan on coming to Alfiesta out here over July 4th weekend!