RE: Wire on steering box

  When my horn stopped working on my GTV6 I scratched
my head for a long time until somone pointed out a broken
ground wire going to the sterring box. I suppose it's less
likely to develop a bad connection due to corrosion if
attached there?
                            Mark Manley

Mark. This is not just a broken wire, this could be a dangerous situation in
a GTV-6 (so I'm told). Mine did the same thing. What happens is that the
horn ground wire loops around a rubber coupling at the steering pinion at
the base of the column. As time goes by (a kiss is just a ki.... never mind)
that coupling works its way out of the two metal housings that it holds
together. As the rubber works it way out, it strains the horn ground wire to
the breaking point. at some later point, your steering fails in such a way
that the steering wheel comes free and rotates almost 180 degrees before
catching on the coupling again. This can be very disconcerting at least, and
deadly at worst. Get it fixed. My mechanic charged me $400 to do the job.

George Graves