RE: Alfisti

You would think that the link among people who happen to buy or be
enthusiastic about something actually as mundane as a car marque would be
pretty flimsy, but over the years I have found most Alfa owners to be
exceptionally nice people, and the vast majority I've come in contact with
(a
surprising number, how could Alfa sales be so puny?)

Because when Alfa left the US market, they had no compelling products. The
spider and a 164, that's it. I mean how many spiders, "exactly like the last
one" can one expect even the most ardent enthusiast to purchase? And while
the 164 was a nice car, there had nothing particularly "special" about it.
Alfa (Fiat) made a big mistake, that's all there is to it. Had they hung-in
there a couple of more years, the likes of the 3-liter spider and coupe, the
156 and the 166 and especially the marvelous 147 would have seen sales soar.
If you are in business to sell, you have to product that people want. In
1994, Alfa did not have that. Just my opinion, you understand.

--
George Graves
Editor-in-Chief