Re: Shocks

--- Bob Block <rhblock@domain.elided> wrote:
> What are recommendations for replacement shocks for
> a 1987 Alfa Quad?
> Are Konis the best?  Are Bilsteins worthwhile?

Bilsteins are excellent shocks -- I've got 'em on my
'74 Spider, as well as on a non-Alfa.  Great balance
of ride and handling, a very good choice for a car
that gets a combination of fast road driving and the
occasional autocross with more stuck-in-traffic than
you'd like.

Konis are the Legend.  I haven't had a Koni-equipped
vehicle since the late 1980s, but they're very good.
Many (all?) Koni shocks are adjustable, which gives
you some ability to tune the car's damping to fit your
roads, your preferences, or the rest of your
suspension; it also lets you compensate for wear,
extending the useful life of the shock absorbers.

Either would make a fine choice for a Spider.  I'm not
yet sure which to put on the Berlina, but it's pretty
much down to those two brands...

--Scott Fisher
  Tualatin, Oregon
.