re: Anyone have a '86-on Spider instrument cluster?

Jeff,
	What we have here is a failure to communicate...that is, pass on
electrons.  As to the voltmeter ( which is stock, unless you put in an
ammeter yourself), have a look at your fuses and make sure that they are
clean and tight.  Also look at the three big wire connectors that go to
the instrument cluster - these are found under the dash.  The only
voltage you should be worried about, is the reading taking at the
battery - should be around 14.7 volt.

	Cleaning the fuses might also help with your intermittent tach problem.
 If not, remove the cluster from the car and open the back to have a
look inside.  I found a bad solder joint that made my tach not to work.
Also, check all the electrical connections (especially grounds) that are
in the tach circuit.

	Bruce

	'86 Spider - with stock springs and no longer scraping the ground
	'73 GTV    - getting painted!