164 roof control center

My ceiling-mounted control center front screw mounts broke, so it's flopping
down from the front.  Guess, in addition to a heavy foot, I have a heavy
finger when I open and close the sun roof.

My mechanic/parts source in Atlanta tells me I'll need to buy the whole
contraption, rather than just the holding frame, with courtesy lights,
controls, etc., and that Alfa will charge me around $300.  He suggests hot
gluing.  Yes, he really does.

I'm guessing someone else has faced this problem before.  Gotta a
suggestion?

Thanks,
Steve in Atlanta
 91 S