Help with a stray vacuum hose please!

Hi everyone!

Today for the very first time, I undertook the task of changing the Spica
pump oil filter on my 1981 Spider Veloce. (Yes, it's been done before on my
car since I've had it... just not by me :-). While this in itself went
smoothly, I was dismayed to find a disconnected vacuum hose in the vicinity
of the injection pump. Looking for a vacuum connection on and around the pump
proved fruitless, but then I am unfamiliar with this unit. The other end of
the vacuum hose is attached to the bottom of the butterfly valve, and it does
get strong vacuum at idle. For now I have plugged it with a screw, but it
worries me greatly. Could someone please help me solve this mystery, ideally
before I have to go on a long drive for a job interview tomorrow morning? :-(

Thanks so much...
Courtney