Re: alfa-digest V8 #639

Dear Keith, Kevin, Stan, Mike, Charlie, Brad and John

Thank you very much for your excellent advice. It is really very heartening
to a relatively new Alfa owner that there is such camaraderie and help only
an e-mail away. And of course thanks are due to Richard Welty for running
the group.

To summarize your excellent help (mostly for my benefit), the suggestions
in logical order (I think) were:
1. Check air intake hoses for leaks
2. Check plugs for spark
3. Check cylinders for fuel supply
4. Check connectors to reset sensor, cold start switch and others
5. Check air regulator

An update: the car died on the commute home last night (5pm) at the lights
on one of the busiest routes in Boston (Route 9 - for those that know
Boston). Miles and miles of pissed off SUV drivers behind me, all on their
cell phones. Total choas. Had to call the State Police to stop traffic so
that I could push it off to the side. A true joy and pleasure of Alfa
ownership!@#$%^&   Some bad words from me and other people I pissed off but
a very helpful Police guy. Eventually managed to get it restarted and drove
it via back routes to my local Alfa shop where I dumped it and had my wife
pick me up.

I'll let you all know what they found.
Many thanks
Simon