Stuttering, Chugging '74 Spider

April 11 -- WILMINGTON, NC

Hey Cats (yes I am Stefano II):

I need some guidance here . . .  my '74 Spider is doing something ODD:

THe car runs GREAT for about 20 minutes of good hard driving (stop and go
PLUS running at 80 mph+ on I-40) but after the 20? minutes is up the Spider
starts hesitating and "chugging" (think power ON OFF ON OFF in 2 second
cycles) when starting from a red light.  I then chug and hesitate all the
way home.

Open the hood and press and release the accelerator cable cam thingie ablout
an inch real fast (simulating revving?) and there's NOTHING, no response,
just zilch -- sometimes it stalls during this "test".

I replaced the tank fuel filter a month ago (and the under-hood main filter
6 months ago) ...  just replaced the plugs with Bosch Platinums, also  ---
but still the chugging !!!

I have noticed the gasket to my fuel level sending unit (under carpet of
trunk) has a VERY small leak for what it's worth.

I missed about two month's worth of AD . . .  I think my MSN account did
something evil and rendered my AD subscription NLA.

Any help is definitely appreciated.

Tim Sheridan
tds6599@domain.elided
74 Alfa Spider (chugging like a sailor on leave)
87 CRX Si (new O2 sensor -- what a world of difference!)
Wilmington NC USA