re: COLD AIR PLEASE!!

hi adam, ewe said:

<<<"My 91 164s is blowing HOT air no matter what setting I put it on. I tried the default code, says I have no malfunctions. The compressor does come on and it does get cold. Any ideas">>>
ya, sounds like the stepper motors have failed - the default code prolly can't tell that the li'l plastic gears' teeth are sheared-off, when the gears move as the electronics tell 'em to.  thus, the flap that prevents the air from flowing into the car across the always-filled-with-hot-coolant heater core, is left in a stuck-open position...

steppers are not fun to replace, but ya can cheat, as i did, & access them thru the glovebox, if yure willing to cut a hole in the fascia behind it...

hth,

doug s.