steering idler arm rebuild

Hello Ed:

I would suggest drilling a hole through the bottom of the spindle and up the center and another hole at 90 degrees to the spindle so as to meet the first hole and between the two bushes in the housing. Then fit a grease nipple at the bottom of the spindle. I dont know the clearance but I would suspect that with grease in the housing there should be no sideways play. Isn't the housing aluminium? I wouldn't put a grease fitting in it.

Best regards,

Nash Bapasola
AROC NJ