Re: 164 Power Seat Fuse Location

>Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 22:34:08 -0600
>From: Bernie & Diana Bennett <bennetts@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: 164 power seat New question: fuse location?
>
>All:
>
>I was attempting to move a working up & down seat switch to the forward and
>back switch location and somehow blew the power seat fuse. I see in the
>owners manual where it is supposed to be; but can't find it. Anybody got
>any clues? Right now neither seat is adjustable. bad - baad - bad!
>
>TIA for any help,
>Bernie Bennett

The fuse for the power seats is to the right of and above the steering
column, hidden behind a cluster of fuses and relays that the 164 is rampant
with.  It is the only 20 amp fuse in that vicinity.  You have to either look
really hard with a mirror or a really small person up there to find it
without taking off the mask below the instrument panel pod (called the
Electronic Panel in the shop manual) and the instrument panel (Electronic
Panel) itself to see it better or to find it at all.  I put a 25 amp fuse in
and have had no problems with its blowing since then, no smoke either.

John Maclay

'64 2600 Spider
'91 164 L