Re: 91 spider(little red light)

Bernie,
       An automatic spider?  You sure are a shiftless character.  <grin>
Only your 13th Alfa?  Heck, I own that many at the moment.  Of course, only
half of them are running.

       I have no idea about the red light.  I understood the later spiders
were already wired for the hardtops, but I am not sure.  I understood there
was a plug in behind the driver's right shoulder, but I could be lying to you.
       I am not lying.  I got a flashlight and poked around on the 91 Spider
(Normale) in the garage.  Sure enough, below the rain gutter behind the
carpet behind the driver's right shoulder there is a little plug down in
there.  Nothing to plug it to on my spider, and no unknown buttons to operate
it, but a plug is there!
       Congratulations on owing a spider.  Peg insists her 91 gets better gas
mileage than her 87 spider did.  I guess the Motronic is more efficient.  She
has been burning 89 octane rather than the recommended 91, but no evidence of
pinging or other problems have occurred.

Ciao,
Russ