14" wheels wanted

In a message dated 04/06/2002 11:45:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 12:32:12 -0800
> From: Dan Walker <dawnanddan@domain.elided>
> Subject: 14" wheels wanted
>
> Greetings Alfisti !
>
> A net impaired friend of mine is looking for another set of wheels for his
> spider.  He has the ATS 5 spoke wheels that came with the car but they are
> a bit heavy.  He's looking for a set of four 14 x 6" or 14 x 5.5" wheels,
> especially a stock steel, turbina, BWA, or Momo Vega.   Email me with any
> offers or ideas.
>
> Ciao !
>
> Dan Walker
> 67 silver Duetto

       Do you mean the FPS five spoke Daytona style wheels that came on all
Spiders Veloce from about 1985 on?  The earlier wheels (fitted 1982 thru mid
1985) of the same style were Campagnolo and weighed about 11 pounds each.
They were quite light, but very prone to corrosion.  The only way to tell the
difference is to look at the name on the rim - or weigh them.
       The later FPS wheels are a much better choice for the street, but they
do weigh about 15 pounds each.  I would not consider that a heavy wheel.
Since they are 6 x 14, I would consider the additional rim width an advantage
over the steel or Turbina 5.5 x 14 wheels.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City