RE: Grooves

> maybe a silly question..what shape and direction make the best grooves
> for rotors?
>
> My brother's Pugeot has an arc running from the hub to the outside.
> Starts perpendicular to the hub then arcs round clockwise to run
> parallel to the outside edge.  Seems that would cover all bases.

Just to clarify,

As I'm thinking slotted rotors, I'm thinking machined channels that work
their way from the inner part of the rotor to the outer edge.  The goal of
these is similar to drilled rotors.

As I'm thinking groove rotors, I'm thinking concentric grooves around the
rotor.  These will increase surface area.

Quite frankly, I don't even know that grooved rotors are available anymore,
as others have stated there's hardly any need with modern pad materials
being so efficient.

And I'll still maintain that drilled, 'slotted', etc rotors are only useful
under race conditions where repeated braking necessitates the need to remove
gasses and keep things cooler.

bs