Top speed top up

It would surprise me if an open car would achieve a higher top speed than a
closed one of the same specification, even if the "closed" car were to have
a soft top. Maybe an open car with Brooklands type screens and a cockpit
fairing might do better than a close one with windshield in place but the
drag over an ordinary open car's windshield and cockpit is huge. One of the
many reasons I dislike convertibles is that at anything over about 40 mph
they are intolerably windy. I spend a good deal of my driving time
considerably above 40 mph, windows up, sunroof shut and stereo on.....
Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
91 Alfa 164L