Brakes in rain and speed in convertible

When i had my VW Scirocco (last edition but not 16 v), i had no bad brake
problems in rain. However, when i replaced the stock alloys with koenigs
(they barely had some rods, as connection between center and rim), I started
experiencing exactly this problem, the lack of brakes for like 1 second on
heavy rain, while doing 60, on the parkway. The only way to fix it was to
apply brake every 5 minutes, to wipe the rotors clean (i think a new Mercedes
has that automated). I think it could be possible that slotting would
evacuate the water.
My question is: If you have a potent convertible, something capable of more
than 125 Mph, what would be the configuration to make a run of that speed,
top up or down?
Sorry for my ignorance in this matter.
Vlad
'91 164L