RE: cross drilled rotors BS

I doubt there is a single person on this digest who could tell the difference
between NEW stock rotors vs cross drilled or slotted rotors. I say NEW stock
because
we all know metal is a heat sink, thick rotors make a difference. Outfit a
GTV-6 / Milano
with new performance pads, new fluid, good rubber and proper alignment, and I
challenge anyone to tell the difference, street or track.  Brake fade is a
function of
temperature which affects two things, fluid and pads.  Proper pads and fluid
will eliminate
virtually all fade. I have never had fade since I began performing yearly
fluid changes, bleeding between track events,
replacing worn rotors, and using race/ performance pads. (I use Hawk blue
No.180 from Racers Wholesale
for the front and whatever I happen to have available for rears, Metal
Masters, even stock). I also removed the splash shield from behind the
rotors.Occasionally the pedal travel increases slightly on really hot days
and
only after 15 to 20 min. of hard track driving  and I attribute this to rear
brake temp. With the weight of these cars and the small contact patch of the
225/50's, the weak link in the system is the tire/tarmac contact patch, not
pad/rotor.
Save your money and spend it on seat time, not boy racer parts.
Jim Boniface
jeboniface@domain.elided