RE: GTV6 (or any Alfa for that matter) Door locks and keys

> The PO of my GTV6 changed the door locks as they broke.  Unfortunately
each
> door (of the three) has different keys.  Any way to key them alike?  Any
> advice is appreciated.
>
> By the way, the torsion bars finally came out!!!!!!!!!!  I'll write up
some
> pointers in a future posting.

The GTV6 door locks can be re-keyed, however they are a nightmare to do.
The tumbler is next to impossible to remove from the housing without the key
installed (unlike the more conventional Spider/GTV).

Things are complicated by the fact that the springs and posts rest in the
tumbler housing, pointing inward towards the tumbler (under tension).  So
pushing the tumbler back into the housing requires getting the springs and
posts back into the tumbler housing as you go.

It can be done, but it is not easy.  If you try it, be *real* careful when
you pull the tumbler out of the housing, as it's easy to lose the springs
and posts when they all go flying..

bs