Spider Temp

    Thanks to several of you guys, I've set up the CraneCams ignition
module in my Spider and it's running well.  No more "up and dying."
Well, my local Alfa guru, Aren, helped.  If any of you are ever in this
area and need Alfa work he's the guy  (Business name:  European Classics
and Sports Cars on Wickham Street).
    Today was a warm day -- close to 80 degrees -- here in Richmond and
I decided to take my weekend toy to work around noon.  Since the
Interstate was packed, I drove it over a secondary route and regular
surface roads.  The drive is about eight miles and has many stoplights,
so there was a good deal of idling.  The temperature gauge in cool
weather usually reads just over 180 to about 190 degrees -- I put in a
180 degree thermostat and replaced the coolant soon after buying it last
Summer.
    Today I was disturbed to see the gauge edge up very close to 212
degrees.  Is this normal?  I even opened the heater valve to cool things
down a bit -- not sure it helped but it sure blasted my eyelids dry.  I
noticed this tendency back in the Fall, so I bought a bottle of Redline
WaterWetter from IAP but have yet to put it in.  I'm hoping this will
cool things down.
    How vulnerable is my aluminum musical instrument to these
temperatures?

Doug
77 Spider
Richmond, Virginia

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of dharris.vcf]