POR 15 solution

Matt Joseph, of SKINNED KNUCKLES (etc.), did an experiment using
several rust inhibitors under direct Wisconsin weather attack.  POR
15 came out ahead - way ahead.

IMHO it is much worth the expense of purchasing not only the POR 15
product but the Metal Prep and Cleaner sold by "POR 15."  ( I have
been disappointed with the Hirsch product.)

Now the important part  :

Yes, if you get it on your skin, you will have little luck removing
all of it; however, it will not stay with you that long.   (?  I may
be inventing this, but I think maybe Xylol ? will remove the
product.)   Yes, wear long strong gloves.

CONTAINMENT :    To store POR 15 put the product in 35 mm film
canisters or the like.  (If you are not a photographer, film
processors usually have lots of containers to give away - Wal-Mart
for example)

You can use your own resources to make a dipper or make one with a
film can and stiff wire. (or punch 2 holes in the original can : one
to exit/pour and one to breathe) The tight fitting lids are air and
light tight and handy.  You will find that the product is very useful
in this small size.  Drip the last drop into a film can and throw the
big can away.   I strongly recommend containers at least as small as
film cans.  Often you will want no more product than a small brush
full.   One can cover a large surface area with just one film can.
Sponge brushes work well, but all applicators are one use only.

Consider putting up film cans only half full or less.

David

"It's dogged as does it."         C. Darwin