Brake Discs ...and Pads

People,
I need some advice on brake discs and pads too beside Ferodo.

Im looking to change my discs and want to get something that will last.
my local parts supplier claims that he can supply original alfa discs and he
says that he ordered them and they would probably cost SGD 140 each (thats
about US 80 or STG 50+).

I've been sorucing the international parts suppliers and their websites and
dont seem to find any one carrying the original alfa part.
I've come across the itallian discs "CAR"-brand (which costs about half excl
postage) and original ATE Brakes supplied by Alfastop (the stock isnt in yet
though).
Well, so far, ATE is as close to the original that I can get.

Would appreciate if you could answers some of these questions.

1. are there original alfa brake discs still available and where can i find
them?
2. is there a significant difference in the quality (which translates to a
longer lifespan) of the original compared to the OEMs?
3. what about the brand CAR? any experience?
4. how about the sport discs - drilled and groved. would it improve the
braking of the car?

My car is a used daily on average about 20 miles per day, normal road
driving.

Thanks in advance.

Colin Chan
Singapore