Transporting cars

Thought the group would be a good place to ask..

If I wanted to have a car transported a moderate distance, who would be
a good company to talk to, and about how much does it usually cost?

Cheap is good, but not so cheap they dent the front and back as it
rattles in the truck, drop it on the highway, or tow it 400 miles on the
rear wheels, dragging the bumper.  You know what I mean..

So, anyone have good/bad stories to relate?

Thanks..

Jon

(still looking for Ms. Right)