re: AROSC info + whining from AD #608

Greetings !

I have to agree with Biba about the location of the AROSC meetings.  Culver
City is the most inaccessible place in LA.  I have no sympathy for those
coming from Orange County ( I'm originally from there ) because there is an
Orange county chapter of the AROC.  In my experience most of the meeting
attendees are from the San Fernando Valley and would benefit from a meeting
location there.  Not to mention the fact that 8 pm on a Friday night makes
it hard to get ANYWHERE in LA.

What we need ( to please everyone ) is to have a rotating meeting place, or
perhaps a more reasonable meeting time.  The current place , Veterans
Community Center, has little parking and is unsafe ( more than one Alfa has
been vandalized ).  The last time I brought this up to a board member I was
told to join the board so I could try to make it happen.  Unfortunately
with 2 little ones and 1 medium one ( not to mention SWMBO ) my time is at
a premium.

Maybe this email will have some small effect.

Dan

Mandatory Alfa Content:  My Duetto has a chassis stiffener ( from Dave
Sisson ) and I'd be happy to show the car to anyone who'd like to see
it.  I should be at the next AROSC concours at the Arboretum.  Look for the
amazingly shiny silver one with the mahogany steering wheel.