Need help wiring an alternator to replace generator / regulator

Well, I was successful finding an alternator with a built in regulator
that fits the flange on the engine casing (Nissan, O'Reilly Automotive
#15644).  Now I need to figure out the wiring.  I would appreciate any
guidance the Digest readers might have.  Here is what I have:

1.	Positive Battery Terminal - attach to battery or starter (+)
terminal
2.	Negative Ground Terminal - attach to ground or (-) battery
terminal
3.	Two wire plug-in connector

	a.	Red 1mm wire - on the alternator tester this was an
alternator charging light (I assume this goes to the green (blue?) wire
that goes to the warning light)
	b.	Blue 1mm wire - on the alternator tester this was
"signal" wire that told the alternator to start charging.   Where do I
hook up this wire?

I reviewed the article Steve Crowley wrote about replacing a generator
with an alternator and he only mentions two wires - (a) generator D+
blue wire connected to the regulator red wire to the battery (+), and
(b) generator DF black wire connected to regulator blue wire to warning
light.  I am an idiot when it comes to auto electrics.  What am I
missing here?

Brock Butler

1968 Spider Jr.

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of image001.gif]