How to clean pistons?

I'm disassembling a 1750 for rebuild.  The pistons are carboned up, both on
the top and on the inside.  In addition there seems to be a large amount of
grunt in the ring grooves.  This is after the degreasing process.

In the past I've used a soft wire brush to remove the carbon from the
piston top, but don't recall having to deal with the piston grooves or the
underside of the piston.

Is it OK to use a air blaster with glass beads?  (yes, I will be VERY
careful to clean residue after blasting).

I want to reuse the piston/liners - this will be a substitute engine to
temporarily replace a 2L during its rebuild.  Won't get a lot of miles, not
expected to last forever.

Thanks, //KCT, Powell, TN