oil pan destruction

    I needed to share my unfortunate Drive to get milk with all that may not know my pain, but sure can imagine it.

    After a very long day of concrete work (last sunday) around my pool pump I went into the house and found that we were out of milk. no big deal I'll just clean up and run to the store. Well it is a very short ride to the store in a perfect running 1975 alfa spider, but as i was turning into the store I slid across on some loose gravel and hit a 6" curb on the other side at about 20 mph. The curb went through the stump guard like it was not there. My oil pan blew apart(both parts, maybe the block also). I backed up only to see a small pond of oil, I shut off my engine as soon as I could. I can only hope it was not to late.

     I pushed the car aside and called my wife. As I sat on the ground next to the car I thought this could not have happened at a worse time of the year, but at least I'll get a chance to fix that small leak on the head gasket and put in that electric fan before it gets too hot.

     This is not a tragic story, just a painful one. I have all the parts I need to fix it, but when am I going to get the time. Well, I hope that everyone is enjoying thier alfas. Thanks and good-bye

Carlos Alberti
Alabama
75 spider (no oil pan)
65 gtc