Re: Current draw through ignition switch

Cats,

Thanks to everyone who offered advice with this
question. My cold start solenoid is already on
a relay, so I believe I'll have less draw for
that. I ordered Honda's red "Engine Start" button
featured in their S2000 model. Searching the
web for buttons revealed this; I don't go looking
for Honda stuff for my Alfa. This idea will
perhaps look cool, though.

For a little background on why I am doing this:
My 74 GTV had similar starting problems - a
pause before starting - and whilst tracing with
a meter, I found that my ingnition was in fact not
giving power sometimes when the key was turned.
Starter always started with proper power. Under
the dash I found a big rubber push button that
the previous owner put in - it always works,
never pauses. Looks like he didn't want to
replace the switch, I just wish I knew before,
as I've been stranded many times with this car.
I've grown quite fond of a push button start, and
it breaks the ice at parties, at least the parties
in my car...

Thanks again,
Stefano
Oakland, CA