"Famous" Spider on eBay

Andrew Watry somewhat snippily posted the following on V8 # 605: "1975
Alfa Romeo: Spider; Featured in Original Alfa Romeo Spider book. Link to
ebay item # 1816733184.   Not my car, etc. It amazed me to see this
condition of car pictured when I got the Original
Spider book. Check out the description; not really the kind of car you'd
expect in an "Original" series book.  I should talk; my Spider is a
pile, as are most of my cars cosmetically.  But I wouldn't put them in a
book either."

********

Andrew, when Chris Rees returned my original email, was more than
somewhat surprised he mentioned any Spiders included in the book did not
have to be perfect cars.

But then again, the English have this 'patina' thing.

Checked out eBay and there the car on page 76 of the book was being
offered for sale to the highest bidder.

Once, yet again, I'll name drop and mention that this was probably the
car James Mann photographed after 'doing' my clients '69 Spider. He said
he'd next be 'heading up North'.

Personally should I be doing a book, would want Really Nice examples,
however, it's unlikely I'll ever do a book. But then again I'm merely
from the Far West Colonies.

If anyone is taking me really seriously, please let me say, it is a very
well done book and had I seen the ad in eBay, might well have made
similar comments. The '75 Spider is, at least visually, a pretty good
example and has a somewhat rareish hard-top. Hopefully it will go to a
good home who will then send it to Biba Restorations for a complete
re-do. (What blatant plug?).

Getting somewhat serious for a moment, believe strongly should someone
be in the position to afford a complete restoration, and the shop is
sympathetic to the cars original 'intent', all one is doing is making
the car 'fresh' again so both the owner and others to follow can enjoy
the car for many years to come.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA