Re: new pistons and liners

Digesti,
I posed the question to Don Ereminas, about whether or not pistons boxed from
the factory, preringed and installed in liners, should be taken apart. He was
quite emphatic that the sets should be dissassembled, rigorously scrubbed
clean in detergent solution, dried and lightly coated with automatic
transmission fluid. His point was that there are likely tailings from the
machining process in and around the new parts that could contaminate the
rebuild. My careful inspection didn't indicate loose metal, but I'm taking
his word on it anyway.

Modelle in Somers Point
74 GTV soon to breath life