A Road Map to Alfa Mods WAS Re: motronic pistons

"Neil Cotie (EED)" <Neil.Cotie@domain.elided said:

<< [snip] Tom advised me, put money into camshafts before putting money into
pistons.>>

This point causes me to think along broader lines and to wonder--and put the
question to the cyber-assembled throng of Digesti--in what order would
(should?) an Alfista modify his/her running-just-fine-thank-you Alfa for
added performance?

Does one, say, start at the brakes and progress to suspension, then
transmission/transaxle and finally the engine (and even then what engine
mods go first?) as teh crowning glory of the modified car?

Does it vary (and if so, a lot or a little?) depending on the model or how
streetable of trackable one wishes the car to eventually be?

Discuss.

-Joe in reasonably sunny SoFla