Brake suggestions

I need to do the front brakes on my 74 spider, and will probably do the
rears also. I'm getting the car ready to be my regular commuter car. I've
looked at IAP's catalog, and Bruce's Parts Bin for pads (and rotors) for
pricing.

I need to do this on a tight budget, but not at the expense of getting
cheap parts that are going to wear fast or uneven and cause problems
later.

Any suggestions on which pads and/or rotors to get, or more to the point,
which ones to avoid, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg