re: Milano vibration 2400-3400 rpm, I need suggestions!

From: "Derek Ealy" <dealy663@domain.elided>

<<I have an 88 Milano Verde w/83000 miles. There is a vibration that
begins at about 2400 rpm and goes to around 3400 rpm. The vibration
occurs even when the car is standing still with the tranny in neutral.
It seems to be worse though when the car is in motion and the tranny is
in 1st and 2nd  gears, although it is still noticeable in 3rd - 5th.>>

SNIP the rest

Derek -  Has anyone suggested looking at the clutch input shaft and/or
bearings for same?  My Alfetta has a bad high speed vibration that was
cured by replacing the shaft AND bearings when the clutch was done.
Hmmm - speaking of which, is the clutch and related parts OK?

And yet another thought - Does the Milano have a rear motor mount?  I am
not sure exactly what part that might play in the vibration you are
experiencing, but being a rubber part, consider it maintenance.  ALL
rubber parts are maintenance items.

Jay Negrin
76 Alfetta GT - desparately in need of some excercise.  What am I doing
inside doing this??????
ARO So Cal