Setting Milano Verde idle

How do I set the idle speed? On my '83 GTV6, the adjustment was made via the
"fitting" on the idle air bypass hose at the plenum but there's no similar
item on the Verde. There is a bypass but it's got what appears to be a
solenoid with no apparent means of adjustment.

It's been 5 years since my last Milano (Platino 2.5L) so my memory of it is
hazy. I'm more familiar with my GTV6. Plans include getting a CarDisk for
Milano, but this month's parts budget has been consumed by 3 Giubos, 1
timing belt, bearings, bushings, and some other rubber parts.

Also, how far advanced should the timing be on a Verde with S-cams &
S-pistons? She definitely didn't like the normal setting and seemed to be
happier the farther the advance got. How much is too much?

Replacing rubber in Georgia,

- Eric Hambleton, Marietta, GA

  1993 164L, 1988 Milano Verde, 1976 Spider
  3 Alfas, all running, no other cars -- not many can make this claim!