reply to Milano Clutch Problem

Peter,

I had the same clutch problem on my Milano Verde a few years back in
Colorado. I was mystified but then I decided to remove the driveshaft to do
some other work under the car and noticed that the propshaft on the
transmission was loose because the 22mm? bolt had loosened. This meant that
everytime I pushed the pedal down the whole transmission was moving in and
out and thus the clutch was not engaging.  If you can, have somebody look
under the car when you push the pedal down. If you see the driveshaft move
back and forth that means the bolt is loose. It might be the problem

Hope this helps.

Sandro

Ing. Sandro Marcantonio
Business Unit Alfa Romeo
Product Development Manager, Alfa Romeo Spider
Centro Tecnico
V.le Luraghi - 20020 Arese ( Mi )
Tel.02 939 29423
Fax. 02 935 81221