Milanos sans sunroof

Dave Rose, new to Alfas, asks about Milanos without a sunroof.

The short answer to his several questions is that according to company
literature the sunroof was optional on the Gold, Platinum, and Verde Milanos
but, as far as I know, was never optional on the Silver, the relatively
stripped base edition which was dropped after the first year. However, the
window sticker on my 1987 Platinum includes the sunroof in a long list of
"N/C" features included in its list price of $18,995, suggesting that it was
effectively a "delete option"; probably very few Platinums and Verdes were
ordered by stocking dealers without the no-charge "optional" feature, but at
least in theory they could have been ordered by any discerning customer who
was willing to wait. Dealers were generally happy to discount the
stock-on-hand for quick sales ($1,000 in the case of mine) which in effect
would have made a non-sunroof an extra cost option with a probably two-month
delivery delay. The non-sunroof Milanos are relatively rare, and I would
consider them relatively desirable, but they are otherwise not anything
"special".

Cheers

John H.

Raleigh, N.C.