Twitchy Porsches

In a message dated 03/19/2002 2:00:17 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:14:12 -0800 (PST)
> From: Scott Fisher <sfisher71@domain.elided>
> Subject: RE: Twitchy Porsches

<snip>

> Someone on the 356 Digest last fall asked what to do
> if he was following an SUV (there, now we can kill
> this thread, I've brought in SUVs) in a corner and the
> SUV braked, how could he keep from spinning since he'd
> always heard you should never brake in the corner in a
> 356?  He had somehow missed the point about the
> traling-throttle oversteer only being at-the-limit
> behavior -- something that many others here seem to be
> missing.

<snip>

       Have you seen the TV ad where a Dodge Durango SUV pulling a camping
trailer finally gets around a Porch only to come up behind another Porch just
as the road gets really curvy and the sign says no passing for the next 10
miles?  A comment is made about being stuck behind another one of those
again.  I liked it a lot.  And I think they were Porches.
       And then there is the old joke about the fellow hired to paint the
back Porch, but tells the house owner that the car was not a Porch, but a
Ferrari?
       And the difference between a Porch and a porcupine is what?  The
porcupine has the pricks on the outside.
       And yes, I intentionally spelt / spelled Porch like an appendage to a
house.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City
About a dozen Alfas and a couple of tow vehicles, one of which is an SUV.