And another thing about German cars

What is the German obsession with oversteer? Porsches are designed to do
it, BMW are ill designed and do it, Mercedes are AWFUL for it to the point
that they now tout their ESP or whatever they call it as a big advantage
which I guess it is for such a badly designed suspension, the new Audi
Avant S6 wagon does it even though it is quattro drive, and for mercy's
sakes even the front wheel drive VW products do it. Totally crazy, totally
wrong engineering, and often dangerous.

If you want to know how badly they do this come up here and watch the
antics in the winter. Totally hopeless cars in bad weather (oh yes the
Porsche will first understeer terminally in snow until you lift off then it
will swap ends, the others just swap ends right away for no apparent reason)

Alfa's don't do this. My GTV6 was brilliant in snow, perfectly balanced. My
164 is a snow tiger, bites down hard and won't let go. Of course, nothing
short of awd can beat a SAAB on snow.....

Cheers

Michael

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta,Canada