re: 86 Alfa GTV6 Questions

At 5:13 PM -0500 3/18/02, alfa-digest wrote:
>Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:35:16 -0700
>From: "Robert Savi at TechStyle Computers, Inc" <savi@domain.elided>
>Subject: 86 Alfa GTV6 Questions
>
>OK, all you GTV6 owners, here are some questions I need help with:
>
>I just bought an 86 GTV6 this weekend and was comparing it to an 85.5 on
>Sunday.
>
>- - The black trim that goes along the gutter.  Mine has a chrome detail to it
>where the 85 was all black.  Is that correct?
>- - My turn signal are mounted below the front bumper whereas the 85 had them
>integrated into the bumper.  I thought they all had them below the bumper?

Turn signals integrated into the bumper would indicate Euro bumpers
(all years had integrated turn signals outside of NA, under-bumper
turn signals in NA).

>- - Any one have reccommendations for cleaning/replacing the
>headliner?  Can it
>be cleaned?

My attempt to clean it just stirred up more dirt and made it look dirtier.

>- - Anyone ever find a source for replacing the inner rubber/fabric
>window trim
>that seems to shrink and fall off all these cars?
>- - My front calipers say Brembo.  Is that stock?

Brembo front calipers were officially stock on pre-'84 GTV6s, but in
my experience, about 1 in 5 later GTV6s and 1 in 3 early Milanos came
with the Brembos.