re: Tony in Portland...other NW Alfisti

Pete in Issaquah writes:

>Curious what shops in Bellevue/Eastside you recommend.  The PO had some
workd
>done at Ferrari of Seattle and they seem very good and surprisingly
>reasonable.  Somehow when I say Ferrari, I think "open your wallet"  But I
>have been there a few times to drool and pick up some Alfa parts and they
are
>reasonably priced.

Well, I feel a little silly answering this when you've got Tess, Gordy and
many other NWARC folks on the digest all the time, but I did open the
subject.

I can't seem to find a reference to the place in Bellevue, I would have sworn
I saw a shop there but maybe I was hallucinating (not unheard of).  In Tacoma
it's Alfa of Tacoma, ph: 235-572-ALFA.  Also, I completely overlooked
Ralli-Round on Lake Union, ph: 206-323-8000.  That's sort of east -- at least
from the perspective of those snobs in Queen Anne, of which I was one... ;-p

And if you really want to say "open your wallet", have work done at a
Volkswagen dealership service shop -- hands down the most expensive place I
have ever had car repair done is Herzog-Meier VW in Beaverton, OR.  Also the
lowest quality, but you can't have everything!  Campbell-Nelson in Ballard was
a close 2nd.  YMMV...

Cheers,
Tony
Portland, OR (use' ta be Seattle)