Milano on TV

In a message dated 03/12/2002 3:38:10 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> I think I remember a Milano TV ad where the car came down from the sky.
> It ran so infrequently, I maybe say it one time.  Does anyone remember
> how that ad went?

I think they dropped the car from a crane to symbolize the falling USA sales
curve after the few Afisti bought one when they were first available here.

Possibly, one of the stupidest ads of all time.  Luckily, they budget was so
absurdly underfunded it almost never ran, and if it did,  at lousy hours
where bargain rates were available.  Also high on the terrible scale was an
80s USA Spider ad that showed a woman in the passenger seat playing a violin
backwards as she was driven down the road.  I am not sure what that symbolism
was intended to convey.

It was certainly not the Ultimate Driving Machine.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA