Project Spider

Hey Y'all
The Spider exhaust project came to a screaming halt.  The Paul Barry
Motorsports' ceramic chromed manifolds fit and look great.  The flange faces
needed to be sanded flat to remove some excess coating but then things got
worse.  I have a set of front pipes from a 74 GTV and the plan was to cut off
the front muffler and connect to the catalytic converter.  The inlet to the
converter on my 86 is large, oval, and angled slightly.  The outlet is offset
from the inlet, so it is not a straight shot.  The front pipe mounting bracket
is reversed so I cut that off and flipped it over.  I can't believe how long
it took me to remember how to gas weld.  I bought a universal replacement 2
and 3 way with or without air injection catalytic converter and made a flange
to bolt to the center muffler.  A shop on the other side of town said he can
bend, twist, and weld the collection of parts to fit. I just got to get them
over there.  I first went to Meinike because they are close.  Unfortunately it
seems that no one there has ever been under a car as they could not imagine
what it would take to attach a pipe to my converter and would need to see the
whole car, then they would be able to put a bent in the middle of about 18
inches of pipe and then weld it to the converter and the flange.  No car, no
work.  And no money of mine, three people in the waiting room couldn't believe
it either so maybe it wasn't just me.

The O2 sensor
Is there a generic 3 wire O2 sensor that I can solder my wires onto?

Where would the best place to mount it be?  Where would some acceptable
alternatives be?  Does it have to be where all 4 cylinder's exhaust flow by or
is two good enough.  If two, would 1 and 4 or 2 and 3 be better?

Can the front muffler be replaced by a straight pipe?  I know anything is
possible, but is it a reasonable modification.  I've seen stinger tailpipes
for sale but have thought of doing this to the center since it usually wears
out from scraping over the speed bumps on my street long before it rusts
through.

Thanks,
Wayne